Sunday, February 1, 2009

It was the house




When I met my husband Rob, he said "You have to help me find a house". He was living with his brothers, in a home his grandmother owned. I thought "yeah right, you need my help?". I was brand new in Real Estate and his mother and his sister had each been in the business over 20 years! What a come on! Then he said, "I wouldn't buy anything you didn't like". Well, I must admit I was hooked. A house! I have dreamt of my own home since I was a child. In elementary I planned imaginary neighborhood events. In high school, I clipped rooms out of decorator magazines, and pasted them in my journal. In the back of my head I thought, "maybe someday I will live there." So in the summer of 1999 we looked and looked and looked. Finally I found what I felt to be the perfect home for him. Truthfully, I wasn't in love with just him! There was something about that house! Then the exchange went something like this:
"I am not going to buy the house unless your name is on it too." - Rob
"I am not going to live with you unless we are married." - Me
"Maybe we should get married." - Rob
That was how the house on Indian Ridge and my husband Rob caught me.
I couldn't be luckier!

1 comment: